Sunday, March 25, 2012

Taiwanese Tea Culture 茶文化

    
         Do you like to drink tea? 
         我喜歡喝茶 / Wo Shi Huan He Cha /  ( I like to drink tea.)

         Why? That's because......whenever I drink tea, feel like my life extend few more minutes. Ha Ha!

          
         

Tea fields in the mountain in Taiwan

The most common tea is Oolong
     

        Taiwanese tea culture has been so popular for long time. For our parents generation (above 45 years old), this is one of  one of social way between each other. I remember when I was young, wooden tea table (泡茶桌) is very common to see in a Taiwanese house. Whenever we visit someone's house, we sit next to the tea table directly.


Wooden tea table (Oh~I miss it so much!!)

Tool to make tea

Easier tool to make tea

        Nowadays, young people like me don't really make tea at home as before but tea culture still important that we even have national competition in every year to find out the best one in Taiwan.
        The Champion tea in 2011 was cost over than $70 dollar in one cup ( like the picture showed ). Very expensive!!











No comments:

Post a Comment